Skip to main content

Pay day

The panic rising gives way to weakness.

A quick calculation giving way to more fears than expected. This is something I've feared ever since I moved to the city. With rent and food prices exploded by this move, it's hard to keep up.

Maybe, it's time to move on. But the debts of past are holding me back. Promises to keep. Plans to complete.

The end of the tunnel as of now has moved further away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haircut

"You should give me the address of your barber." "Does it look good?" I ran my fingers over what was left of my hair. "Nah. I wanted to avoid the one who did such an awful job." My fingers stopped as if it touched something icky. "Don't worry. It's men-only." Not the best of come-back, I know. She already had the twinkle in her eyes which appears when she knows she had won. A short shriek from doorway. I sighed and muttered to myself, "Great." It's going to be rough couple of days for me between the two of them. I turned towards the doorway and asked to my still-giggling former friend, "What?" "Why?" "So that I can see the shape of my head" "So, why didn't you shave your head altogether?" "I'm pretty sure there is 666 engraved beneath this."

The young and the wasted

So, at the end of a dreary session of self-loathing and regretting every past moments till then-it lasted for just under an hour. I didn't even try to pretend.- all I wanted was a whiff of fresh air and an effort to make myself feel less miserable. That was the reason why I chose to go over to the reading-room while I wait for my companion. A bunch of young kids in the second year of engineering was having a group-study session. Back in my days we go to the same to ridicule those who chose to attend them. Even if we choose to attend, it would be the result of hours of cajoling and persuading by the people who were more concerned about us than we choose to care. A bossy girl leading the session was talking about Fourier series and what-not. I used to love mathematics, but always try to scrape by the bare minimum in my for years of college. At least, I didn't flunk in maths. At one point, she was boasting about something and punctuated by exclaiming, "Just the side-ef...

Deja vu

It started out when I read a news article about ham radio operators with regards to their help in Nepal (God bless them) That got me thinking about ham radios. There was a campaign for the freshers on their joining day. We(me and The Dude) were looking for ways to wander around. We joined the ham radio team which already had The Hulk. Although we had no idea what ham radio means, we had no problem luring the innocent faces. (And it was not for money. So if anyone didn't get what they wanted, we are sorry but not responsible) The next time I encountered a ham radio was through a movie. A Korean one. Those who are interested to watch this movie should stop reading this. For others, it is about the ham radio that connects two people at different points of time through a ham radio. I didn't get the name this afternoon when I wanted to think about it further. I can see the scenes, the love triangle, the heartbreak. Only the name escaped me. Okay, Google. "Korean movie ...